If you are looking to spend an evening emulating the glamour, elegance and sophistication befitting the scene of a Bond movie, look no further than the Grosvenor Casino Didsbury located at the Parrs Wood Entertainment Centre in Manchester.
Nestled among the sprawling complex of Parrs Wood Entertainment Centre, the outlet strives to provide an experience that is so much more than just a casino. Open from 11am till 6am, the casino is the perfect destination for all your leisurely pursuits.
At Parrs Wood, it’s a casino and so much more! With low as well as high stake gaming facilities at your fingertips, £4,000 Jackpot slots, a 100-seater poker room and numerous roulette and blackjack tables, your night of gaming is bound to be packed with fun-filled adventures and excitement. With evergreen slot games such as Cleopatra and Lucky Lady’s Charm awaiting you, the casino promises you the ultimate escapade into the world of gaming.
Aside from your gaming experience, the outlet also features live entertainment, a late night bar with large screens to watch live sports and a fantastic restaurant. Spoil yourselves with a range of our bestselling main courses such as the Pesto Crusted Halibut, sink your teeth into the splendid 8oz Rump Steak or share our tapas menu with a loved one. End your meal with an indulgent dessert and compliment your dining experience with handpicked wines, beers and spirits from across the globe.
The popularity of the Grosvenor Casino Didsbury at Parrs Wood Entertainment Centre is evidenced by the thousands of guests that visit the outlet on a daily basis. Given the ambience and the prestige of the casino, looking good and dressing right is bound to ensure that you are going to have the best time.
Dress Code at Parrs Wood Casino
The dress code at the Grosvenor Casino Didsbury really isn’t too strict. However, it requests that guests of the casino appear presentable with attire that is smart casual. There is no need to dress up to the nines in a tuxedo or a fancy evening gown. Comfort is after all the priority when you are gaming.
Nevertheless, it is never a hazard to look good at all times and to dress well to avoid being singled out while making your grand entrance at the casino. After all, the management at the casino do have the right to refuse entry upon their discretion.
While the word ‘casual’ in the phrase ‘casual smart’ exists, the emphasis should be on the ‘smart’ rather than the ‘casual’. With that in mind, here are a few ‘don’ts’ in the casino dress code:
- No sportswear or scruffy clothing
- No slippers, rubber thongs, Crocs, Ugg boots, dirty shoes or bare feet
- No hoodies worn over heads
- No singlets and tank tops
- No slogans or club colours (and of course, no offensive slogans!)
- No ripped or torn clothes
- No high-visibility workwear
- No school uniforms or tracksuits
- No board shorts or bathers
Exceptions To The Dress Code
It is important to remember that the casino is attached to the rest of the Parrs Woods Entertainment Centre. Hence, while dressing up for the casino also bear in mind that one has to dress up for the rest of the areas within the centre.
The attached restaurants and bars also have a dress code and the fine dining restaurant, for an instance, may refuse patrons who are too casually dressed for the occasion.
The gaming tournaments such as for poker would also require greater attention to smart casual clothing with the emphasis on footwear that is appropriate. For men, this may include slacks, a casual blazer with covered shoes. Women on the other hand, may opt to stick to presentable blouses or midi dresses.
This being said, if you are going to take part in a tournament, you may want to check if there is a set dress code. This of course may not hold for some games organized in the VIP rooms, but it is never a bad idea to stay on the safe side.
Attire Suggestion For Ladies
- Top: A casual (button-down) blouse or a plain t-shirt without any slogans, a polo shirt, a dress top or a turtleneck. Remember that less is not always more and it would not be advisable to wear a top that is too revealing.
- Bottom: A pair of khakis, a decent pair of nice jeans, dress pants, slacks, and midi or knee-length or long, flowy skirts are excellent options. A pair of leggings or tights however, would be best accompanied by a tunic top.
- Dress: A sundress, midi dress or maxi dress would do.
- Jacket: Classy cardigans or jumpers that do not sport the scruffy look.
- Shoes: Sandals, heels or court shoes are best.
- Accessories: There is no limit on the accessories that you can use to accentuate your look. So ladies, you’re allowed to work it as much as you want!
Attire Suggestion For Men
- Top: Button-down shirts or polo shirts or turtlenecks are advised. Plain T-shirts that do not have any slogans on them would also be appropriate.
- Bottom: Khakis or a decent pair of jeans. Dress shorts, cargos or Bermuda shorts are fine as well. Jacket: Leather jacket, casual blazers, cardigans
- Shoes: Dress shoes, clean boots or casual shoes like loafers or sneakers work fine. Do stay away from sandals or other types of non-covered shoes.
General Casino Dress Code Tips
Now that the dress code has been established, here are a few extra tips on how to look your best for a splendid night of gaming away:
- Although some of the clothing that falls under the dress code may be more casual, such as jeans, it is best to avoid wearing jeans or khakis that are ripped-up or too dirty-looking like some acid-washed jeans do. Do check the casino website or newsletter for any eventful changes in the dress code.
- It is best to bring some extra layer of clothing that you can use to cover up when you get cold and easily remove later.
- Although it is not on any official print, it is tradition to dress slightly nicer at a casino after 6pm. So feel free to spice up the evening with that classier button-down over a pair of pressed slacks