The Grosvenor Casino Edinburgh has been known as the Maybury for a long time. Just a mile away from the Edinburgh airport, this casino is one that draws upon many a wandering soul as it is situated in an original Art Deco building that holds up to a rustic yet contemporary charm.
With a firm footing by offering American Roulette, Blackjack and poker the Grosvenor Casino Edinburgh also boasts the latest in electronic technology for their roulette gaming facilities and slot machines with the ultimate prize of thousands of pounds. If that does not suffice they have poker tournaments up to six times a week for avid fans.
The casino is tucked away in a complex that is accompanied by the finest restaurants offering the best in modern dining. Choose from a variety of exotic mains like the Persian Spiced Half Chicken and indulge in classic desserts or choose to wash it down with a nice glass of handpicked liquors from all over the world at the first-class bar.
The Madison Sports Bar is perfect for all you sports fans with twenty HD TV screens located all across the venue. Simply the best when it comes to a night out with the guys, watching your favourite sport.
Maybury Casino Edinburgh Dress Code
As any respectable establishment would have it there is a sense of propriety when it comes to dressing. As such, the Grosvenor Casino Edinburgh holds no exception to the implementation of a dress code. The dress code in place is themed with comfortable, casual and classy. This means your attire is required to be neat, presentable and decent for entry into the casino.
Entry into the casino is sure to go off without a hitch if you are properly dressed. If you are doubting the importance of following the dress code, the truth is the casino management reserve the right to refuse entry to any patron based on the grounds of non-compliance with standard regulations including but not limited to, the dress code.
As we all would be well familiar with, dressing up is an entirely different process for men as it is for women. Given the predicament of the genders, the casino management have taken the liberty to refine the dress code according to gender. For men, the idea it to keep it simple and suave. For women on the other hand, something chic and casual would be the go-to for the look go the day.
If you are arriving at the casino during the day, perhaps in the noon, it would be alright to lean towards the more casual spectrum of the dress code. However, should you be making your entrance somewhere around the evening, it would be a great idea to sass it up with something a little more fancy.
Recommendations for Men
For men, the dress code applies for the ensemble head-to-toe. The list of acceptable clothing are as follows:
- A button-down shirt, polo shirt, turtleneck sweater or plain T-shirt without any salient wording or logo.
- A casual blazer, cardigan, vest or pullover sweater should it get cold in the casino.
- A pair of slacks, trousers, Bermuda shorts, khakis or decent denim jeans are suitable for complementing that nice shirt.
- A pair of covered shoes are an excellent choice of footwear with loafers or sneakers as a go-to choice for both comfort and style.
The list of unacceptable clothing for men are as follows:
- T-shirts with salient logos or slogans. An absolute indiscretion would be to wear a shirt that has offensive material written all over it or political propaganda. Sleeveless shirts are also not recommended for entry into the casino.
- A scruffy jacket, hoodie or a heavily studded leather jacket would be an example of tops that one does not wear to the game.
- Ripped jeans, acid washed trousers, cut-up shorts or overly baggy pants are also not commended.
- Slippers, Crocs or other forms of uncovered shoes are also not appropriate for men to wear to the casino.
Recommendations for Women
For women, the choices may have a wider range of assortments but that does not mean that it has to get complicated. After all, girls do just want to have fun. Start it off with the right wardrobe choices! So ladies, here are the acceptable types of clothing you can wear to the Grosvenor Casino Edinburgh:
- Dress tops, button-down blouses, tunics and plain T-shirts are just fine.
- If you have a tendency to get cold, bring along something decent to throw-over like a pretty cardigan, sweater or perhaps even an informal blazer to add that extra punch to the look.
- To pair off your nice top you get to choose between pants or skirts. For a crisp and sophisticated choice, you could go with slacks, denim jeans, khakis, capris, dress shorts or a decent pair of leggings. If you choose to accentuate your curves with a skirt, feel free to choose a flowing maxi or a modest midi if not a knee-length skirt.
- Should you choose a dress, you could make a choice that would revolve around a sundress, a maxi gown or a nice midi slip.
- While covered shoes are preferable, ladies can also opt for a strappy sandal or a classic wedge, ballet flats or a pump heel. It is important to keep in mind that shoes are an important aspect of staying comfortable so you would not want to end up tottering around in those five-inch pencil heels which are going to cause you a world of pain and turn your night into one that is full of horror.
- Ladies are free to accessorize as long as their accessories do not hinder them from experiencing a smooth session of gaming at the casino.
The no-no items for ladies are rather simple. Nothing too revealing, sloppy, no printed T-shirts slippers or flip-flops.
Dressing well is a form of good manners. And we all know good manners brings you places. For a firm knowledge of the dress code, it is best to contact the casino. Otherwise, live and let loose by having the time of your life at the Grosvenor Casino Edinburgh!