Have you ever aspired to walk into a casino with as much swag and style as you see in the movies? Such moments are so cool and glamourous, it makes you wonder if you would ever be able to set foot inside a casino.
You see them in cool suits and dresses, and grow envious of the fact that you will never be that cool. Thankfully, in real life, casinos are much lenient on the dress code and Casino MK (or Casino Milton Keynes in long form) is one such casino.
Casino MK truly is one of the more accessible places to gamble. A large part of that is its dress code; it’s so casual that practically anything can be worn in Casino MK. However, we advise you don’t take that statement too literally – they do have rules and guidelines that must be obeyed if you wish to set foot through their doors.
What’s Best to Wear at Casino MK?
So, you’ve made the decision to go to Casino MK? That’s awesome! For some of you, it might be a trip, so you have to ensure that you get things right before you decide to pay a visit.
One of those things is to ensure you bring the right clothes with you. The dress code at Casino MK is generally casual and for those who do not know what that’s like, here’s a rough guideline:
- Shorts and flip-flops (discretion advised)
- Hoodies (with hood down/head uncovered)
- Fancy dress (no masks)
- Sports tops
- Hats (poker rooms only)
As you can clearly see, Casino MK are pretty relaxed in what you can wear. In their own words, they want to help create and maintain a fun and relaxed atmosphere for all players, so that none of them feel left out. After all, you don’t want your night out ruined by being turned away at the door. That’ll be rather embarrassing!
All they ask, in short, is that you look smart and clean so don’t worry too much about trying to look good. You’re supposed to be there to have fun after all.
What Shouldn’t I Wear at Casino MK ?
Knowing what you can wear is no problem. But as for what you shouldn’t wear? That’s a tad more complicated. We’ve assembled a list of items that are generally best avoided before you step into Casino MK.
Well, you’d be banned form coming in anyway so that’s probably a better reason overall. So, without further delay, let’s get into what is forbidden at Casino MK and why wearing any of this is a bad idea:
- Hats – As touched on in the previous section, poker players get to wear hats, but poker players only, as it could be a core part of the game. For everyone else, it’s a not allowed. It looks too suspicious and there’s no need for it, being indoors and all. Sorry.
- Ripped/Dirty Jeans –Even if your jeans are stylised to look dirty/ripped this generally best avoided. It just exposes too much skin and looks far too grubby. Casino MK like casual but something like that is a bit too casual.
- Dirty Work Clothes – If you come straight in from work in your dirty hi-vis jacket and dirt-caked work trousers, frankly put, you will be denied entry until you go home and change. This isn’t out of disrespect, but Casino MK wants a relaxed atmosphere. Coming in your work clothes is the direct opposite of that.
- Sunglasses – Like hats, it looks suspicious and unsettling and it makes people uncomfortable. Also, since you’re indoors, there’s absolutely no need for it. Their lights aren’t that bright.
- Inappropriate Outfits – This is quite broad, so you’ll have to bear with us. Anything that could be deemed rude, offensive or unsightly is considered inappropriate for Casino MK. So, no t-shirts with offensive slogans or rude words on them; nothing suggestive or anything that reveals too much skin; no threatening clothing with spikes all over it.
- Gym Wear – There’s a time and a place to wear tracksuits and it’s not at Casino MK. If you want to go to the gym before/after you visit, simply cover up your gym stuff with something else.
In conclusion, it’s best to know and respect the rules put down by Casino MK so that you can have a good time and not feel shafted when you get to the front door. It will cause unnecessary embarrassment and you really don’t want that to ruin your night now, do you?
Why Are These Clothes Banned at Casino MK?
As we have already elaborated on, these kinds of outfits are banned because they are simply ill-fitting to the ambiance that Casino MK wants to promote. It’s important to feel relaxed and comfortable. However, too many people would take the mickey if there were no guidelines in place, so these measures are necessary.
If you need more convincing, here are a few reasons people like to go to Casino MK with a suitable dress code:
- Fun Night Out: If you regularly go to a nightclub, you might see that dressing up correctly is important. It makes the night more fun overall and doesn’t offer embarrassment by being turned away at the door.
- Be Inclusive: Everyone wants to be a part of something and it’s necessary to be inclusive. By having these measurements in place, no one can get caught out on being the odd one out.
- Want to be Safe: Safety’s important and some outfits (or components of outfits) can put people at risk, such as steel-capped boots. Don’t want to get a kick in the shins from someone wearing them if things get super heated.
- It Just Looks Nice: The most obvious answer is sometimes the best one – it simply feels nice to look good. And who doesn’t want to look good? At Casino MK, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t, either.